Saturday, September 12, 2009
By: Matthew Doucette
Duality ZF April 2009 Trailer breaks 20,000 views
If you count our Vimeo views the trailer received over 22,000 views in total. A tip for indie game developers is to always point everyone to the same trailer. Don't point half of them to YouTube and half of them to Vimeo, and don't point anyone to both. Pick the trailer that is most popular naturally, by anyone searching for your game, and spread that trailer around. The view count is an indication of importance to newer viewers and you want to maximize it.
Duality ZF will be coming to Xbox LIVE Indie Games soon.
- Duality ZF (official developer site)
- Dream Build Play 2009 Top 20 (Video Trailers)
- Interviews (Xona Games, Duality ZF)
- Duality ZF Promo Materials
- Duality ZF (official game site)
- Duality ZF Forums (hosted on xbox.com)
- Xona Games (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Vimeo)
- Dream Build Play (Microsoft's XNA Game Studio Contest)
- Xbox LIVE Indie Games* (xbox.com, Xbox Forums)
- Imphenzia Music (creator of the Duality ZF soundtrack)
*Xbox LIVE Indie Games formerly known as Xbox LIVE Community Games.
About the Author: I am Matthew Doucette of Xona Games, an award-winning indie game studio that I founded with my twin brother. We make intensified arcade-style retro games. Our business, our games, our technology, and we as competitive gamers have won prestigious awards and received worldwide press. Our business has won $180,000 in contests. Our games have ranked from #1 in Canada to #1 in Japan, have become #1 best sellers in multiple countries, have won game contests, and have held 3 of the top 5 rated spots in Japan of all Xbox LIVE indie games. Our game engines have been awarded for technical excellence. And we, the developers, have placed #1 in competitive gaming competitions -- relating to the games we make. Read about our story, our awards, our games, and view our blog.