(This page shows cash winnings. Please see our awards for all contest wins.)
We have won $180,000 in prize money and landed $120,000 in funding, for a total of $300,000, not including (substantial) personal investments:
|2010-Jan||$109,500.00||$100,000 First Place Award: I-3 Technology Start-Up Competition (Innovacorp)|
|2014-Feb||$50,000.00||$50,000: Top 10 HTML5 App: Tizen App Challenge (Score Rush: Turbulenz version)|
|2013-Oct||$20,000.00||$20,000 Grand Prize: Small Business Big Idea Contest: #1 in Canada (Rogers)|
|2011-May||$1,000.00||$1,000 WP7COMP Winner: Highly Commended Entry (Red Gate) (Decimaton X2)|
|2016-Oct||$850.00||Third Prize: Atlantic Lottery Hackathon.001: Probability and Randomness (Random)|
|2013-Jun||$229.99||#1 in Jalloo 2013 BlackBerry Rubik's Cube Competition (Matthew Doucette)|
|2014-Feb||$203.92||#1 in Halifax Scramble's Raiden Fighters Jet Tournament (Matthew Doucette)|
|2012-Mar||$17.40||#1 in SHMUP Contest (Matthew Doucette)|
|2012-Mar||$17.40||#2 in SHMUP Contest (Jason Doucette)|
|2014-Jun||$49,875.00||Business Development Program; Productivity & Business Skills (ACOA)|
|2015-Oct||$29,000.00||Financing + Mentoring (Futurpreneur)|
|2014-Jun||$13,250.00||Self Employment Program (Labour and Advanced Education, Nova Scotia)|
|2019-Jan||$3,185.03||GDC Alumni All Access Pass (NATI)|
|2018-Jan||$2,405.85||GDC Alumni All Access Pass (NATI)|
|2019-Jan||$330.56||GDC Expo Pass (Consulate of Canada Silicon Valley)|
|2018-Jan||$314.57||GDC Expo Pass (Consulate of Canada Silicon Valley)|
Notes and Details:
- Some of these prizes are in CAD (Canadian) and some are in USD (United States) currency. Since the exchange rate is nearly the same, and to keep things simple, we decided to count both currencies together. For example, the $1,000 WP7COMP win is USD and the value after exchange was $906.78 CAD. We decided to count it as $1,000.00 as this simple looks better, is easier, and asks less questions than winning $906.78 in a $1,000 prize.
- The $100,000 I-3 Technology Start-Up Competition win had an actual cash value of $109,500.00 CAD.
- The $50,000: Top 10 HTML5 App is in USD, and I have not yet calculated its actual value in CAD.
- We initially reported that ACOA funded us $50,000.00 CAD, when in fact it was only $49,875.00 CAD, $125.00 CAD less.
- The GDC Expo pass in January 2018 was $249.00 USD, and $314.57 CAD is the estimate we would have had to pay to purchase it according to the 1.26 exchange rate on February 24, 2018.
- The GDC Alumni All Access Pass pass in January 2018 was $1,949.00 USD, and $2,405.85 CAD is what we paid before we were reimbursed by NATI.
- The GDC 2019 Expo Pass (Consulate of Canada Silicon Valley) and All Access Pass (NATI) were not used, due to having to pull out of GDC 2019 at the last moment. So, these are estimates, based on the exchange rate from USD to CAD on February 10th, 2019. $2499,00 USD became $3,185.03 CAD. $249.00 USD became $330.56 CAD.
- Various prizes from Matthew Doucette's Xbox MVP status are not included. They are substantial gifts and awards, including Xbox MVP swag (hoodies, hats, backpacks, etc.), Xbox One controllers (two Elite controllers and one custom Xbox MVP controller), Xbox LIVE Gold subscriptions, Xbox LIVE Game Pass subscriptions, free AAA games (Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition, Forza 7 Ultimate Edition, etc.), and more. We appreciate all of this!
That is all.