Resources for upcoming game developers.
- Unity Best Practices
- Unity Tutorials (Unity)
- Persistence: Saving & Loading Data (Unity)
- Game Manager Singleton (Unity; taught in "Persistence" tutorial)
Game Design / Level Design:
- World Of Goo
- Roll-a-ball comparison: well done vs. poorly done.
- Metal Gear Solid* (LEGO level design)
- TUNIC (grey box level design)
- Disneyland (relating to level design)
- Ultima Online (economy)
- Mega Man
- Kloonigames (on juice)
*Credit: Noah Levering
User Interface Design:
- UI Tutorial (Unity; scene selection menu, modal windows, main menu, polish)
- UI vs. UX
- 1974 computer UI
- Diegetic, Non-Diegetic, Spatial, & Meta (UI types)
There are additional Unity Tutorials on UI. Click in and filter the "topic" by "user interface".
Video_game_development (from Wikipedia):
- High_concept (documentation)
- Pitch (documentation)
- Concept (documentation)
- Prototype (build)
*Credit: Sam Robichaud
Matthew Doucette is the faculty working group chair of the NSCC Truro Campus Game Development program. His concentration is in the Game Programming Concentration. We are connected with students learning how to develop games, both inside and outside of NSCC. We thought we would share our resources for all of them.
Let us know if you have any links to add.
That is all.