Wednesday, September 23, 2015
By: Matthew Doucette
2D retro shooter fans, this is happening today: Mommy's Best Action Pack, from indie developer and friend, Mommy's Best Games, has released on Steam! It contains four 2D retro-style shooters: Explosionade, Game Type, Shoot 1UP, and Weapon of Choice.
- Weapon of Choice: A Contra-style game with each player character having their own special weapon! Enjoy branching paths, unlockable new characters, multiple endings, death-defying abilities and more! All new Achievements created just for the Steam release!
- Shoot 1UP: Play all your ships at once in this crazy take on bullet-hell shooters! Scared of 'bullet-hell'? Try this, it's much more forgiving! Branching paths, unlockable features, and 2-player local coop!
- Explosionade: Grenade-blasting, alien-mashing, mech-jumping mania! With 40 levels to conquer, there's choice-driven endings, gameplay speed options, and 2-player local coop!
- Game Type: A looping, high-score shooter in which each loop increases the game speed! Bring a friend for 2-player local coop! All new Achievements created just for this release!
- The Mommy's Best Action Pack feature Steam Leaderboards*, Achievements, Trading Cards, remappable controls, all re-tuned to perfection.
*Weapon of Choice does not have leaderboards as it has no score.
You can download the pack or each game individually:
- Mommy's Best Action Pack (includes Explosionade, Game Type, Shoot 1UP, and Weapon of Choice).
- Game Type.
- Shoot 1UP.
- Weapon of Choice.
That is all!
About the Author: I am Matthew Doucette of Xona Games, an award-winning indie game studio that I founded with my twin brother. We make intensified arcade-style retro games. Our business, our games, our technology, and we as competitive gamers have won prestigious awards and received worldwide press. Our business has won $190,000 in contests. Our games have ranked from #1 in Canada to #1 in Japan, have become #1 best sellers in multiple countries, have won game contests, and have held 3 of the top 5 rated spots in Japan of all Xbox LIVE indie games. Our game engines have been awarded for technical excellence. And we, the developers, have placed #1 in competitive gaming competitions -- relating to the games we make. Read about our story, our awards, our games, and view our blog.