Friday, October 20, 2023
By: Matthew Doucette
Today, Xona Music is reborn!
Some of you may not know, but I used to compose music and stopped 20 years ago. My last song was composed in 2003. As of today I am back making music again, under my Xonatron music alias.
I do not have any songs to share yet. When I am ready, I will be sharing my work here:
>>> Xona Music <<<
Xona Music in Xona Games?
Here's a short breakdown of my music production history:
- Software: Fast Tracker II (FT2).
- Composed 224 songs, according to my .xm and .mod files; They are numbered "01".."213" with the addition of remakes (of my own songs), projects (such as games, game mods, ...), and test songs (to test music playing frameworks).
- Software: ReBirth.
- Composed 3 songs, according to my three .rbs files; They were made all in the same year, however the year was not recorded; It was between 1998 (based on my ReBirth version, version 1998) and 2000 (based on the last modified date of my songs).
- Software: Cool Edit Pro.
- Remastered/remixed 2 songs in 2001.
- Software: Fruity Loops 3 (FL3).
- Composed at least 67 songs, according to my last song extracted as .mp3 numbered "67".
- Software: FL Studio 21.
- Composing songs now...!
Note: Fruity Loops rebranded as FL Studio in 2003, after I quit. I lost all of my original Fruity Loop 3 files, and only have 10 songs exported as .mp3 remaining.
Xona- Rebranding History:
Before 2004, I was not known as Xonatron and we were not known as the Xona- suite: My music predated Xonatech, Xona.com, Xona Forums, Xona Music, etc., and Xonatron.
- "Tech Articles" launched in 2004.
- "Tech Articles" (xonatech.com) rebranded as Xonatech in 2005.
- Xonatech rebranded as Xona.com (xona.com) in 2005.
- Xonatech (xona.com/tech) became a sub-project of Xona.com, among many other Xona- sub-projects.
- Xona Music (xona.com/music) launched in 2006 with first publishing of my music.
- I rebranded as Xonatron in 2008 adopting it as my music alias.
- Xona Games (xona.com/games) launched in 2008 as a sub-project of Xona.com.
- Xona Games Inc. incorporated in 2010 after winning many awards.
- Xona.com (xona.com) became Xona Games (xona.com) in 2010-2011, when it become our most dominate project.
Imphenzia and Dragon Music:
We still have much need and love for Imphenzia and Dragon Music! We are still very interested in continuing to work with them both. Ultimately, we hope to eventually release a game with a dual soundtrack; No promises! And we do not foresee being able to produce all of the music we need in our games on our own.
That is all.
About the Author: I am Matthew Doucette of Xona Games, an award-winning indie game studio that I founded with my twin brother. We make intensified arcade-style retro games. Our business, our games, our technology, and we as competitive gamers have won prestigious awards and received worldwide press. Our business has won $190,000 in contests. Our games have ranked from #1 in Canada to #1 in Japan, have become #1 best sellers in multiple countries, have won game contests, and have held 3 of the top 5 rated spots in Japan of all Xbox LIVE indie games. Our game engines have been awarded for technical excellence. And we, the developers, have placed #1 in competitive gaming competitions -- relating to the games we make. Read about our story, our awards, our games, and view our blog.