Thursday, July 9, 2009
By: Matthew Doucette
Back to Dream Build Play 2008:
That's 2008, not 2009. Many loyal fans from the start will remember that we entered a two month alpha demo of Duality ZF into Dream Build Play 2008. We never placed, but it turned out the judges were looking for near-complete to completed games, not game prototypes as Duality ZF was back then. Two shoot'em ups that placed in DBP 2008 were Weapon of Choice, a Contra-style shooter which placed third and is available on Xbox LIVE Marketplace, and Zeit2, a time-travel space shooter which placed in the top 20 and is yet unreleased. It shows there is still hope for the arcade-style shoot'em up genre.
Preview Duality ZF / Interviews?
- Duality ZF (official xona.com developer site)
- Duality ZF April 2009 Trailer (video)
- Interviews (Xona Games, Duality ZF)
- Duality ZF Promo Materials
- New Duality ZF Screenshots
- Duality ZF (official dualityzf.com game site)
- Duality ZF Forums (hosted on xbox.com)
- Xona Games (YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, Vimeo)
- Xbox LIVE Community Games* (xbox.com, Xbox Forums)
- Imphenzia Music (creator of the Duality ZF soundtrack)
- Weapon of Choice
*Xbox LIVE Community Games soon to be renamed to Xbox LIVE Indie Games.
About the Author: I am Matthew Doucette of Xona Games, an award-winning indie game studio that I founded with my twin brother. We make intensified arcade-style retro games. Our business, our games, our technology, and we as competitive gamers have won prestigious awards and received worldwide press. Our business has won $180,000 in contests. Our games have ranked from #1 in Canada to #1 in Japan, have become #1 best sellers in multiple countries, have won game contests, and have held 3 of the top 5 rated spots in Japan of all Xbox LIVE indie games. Our game engines have been awarded for technical excellence. And we, the developers, have placed #1 in competitive gaming competitions -- relating to the games we make. Read about our story, our awards, our games, and view our blog.