Monday, October 2, 2017
By: Matthew Doucette
The award is decided individually, based on many pieces of work. For me it included:
- Our educational work, such as Kids Make Games and other non-publicized work relating to game development; We taught Microsoft technologies while using them to make our own games , some of it showcased in our Learning Center.
- Our blog and technology focused blog posts, once called Xonatech.
- Our work with independent developer platforms, such as Xbox LIVE Indie Games (XBLIG) and ID@Xbox , much of it non-publicized.
- Our efforts in game development forums.
- Our efforts in social media: Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- Our guest speaking appearances, on game development and entrepreneurship.
- Our mentorship on game development and entrepreneurship.
- Our ongoing efforts to develop and publish games to Xbox One and other platforms using Microsoft technologies.
Here is the full note:
Congratulations! We are pleased to renew your status as an Xbox MVP! As you know, this award is given to community leaders who actively share their high quality, real world expertise and work to enable others to do the same. We appreciate your outstanding contributions in Xbox communities during the past year.
The Xbox MVP Award provides us the unique opportunity to celebrate and honor your significant contributions and say "Thank you for your community leadership."
That is all.
About the Author: I am Matthew Doucette of Xona Games, an award-winning indie game studio that I founded with my twin brother. We make intensified arcade-style retro games. Our business, our games, our technology, and we as competitive gamers have won prestigious awards and received worldwide press. Our business has won $180,000 in contests. Our games have ranked from #1 in Canada to #1 in Japan, have become #1 best sellers in multiple countries, have won game contests, and have held 3 of the top 5 rated spots in Japan of all Xbox LIVE indie games. Our game engines have been awarded for technical excellence. And we, the developers, have placed #1 in competitive gaming competitions -- relating to the games we make. Read about our story, our awards, our games, and view our blog.